+ Reply to Thread

Default ac vent drips water

my 2 year old central ac vent drips water ,in my bedroom ,a new additon. only in winter? I removed the vent reached in side and found the duct covered in frost what can i do please help

Default Re: ac vent drips water

If your attic is well insulated you may want to put a piece of cardboard at the grill or put a piece of insulation in the ductwork at the opening to keep the warm air out of it, it may be condensing and freezing then thawing. That's all I can think of, I'm sure someone will be along to give you more or better info.
    Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Sten; 02-07-2010 at 10:32 PM.

It sounds like some of the tubing may not have been sealed properly. Do you have a warranty or anything for the unit? If you an, call the installer and ask what they think or suggest for you to do. Perhaps it's under warranty and they will be willing to come out and fix it.
    ________
    Find licensed HVAC contractors in your area.

If the vent is not used for your heater then use 2" foam board cut to fit to seal it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcy Tate View Post
    It sounds like some of the tubing may not have been sealed properly. Do you have a warranty or anything for the unit? If you an, call the installer and ask what they think or suggest for you to do. Perhaps it's under warranty and they will be willing to come out and fix it.
    ________
    Find licensed HVAC contractors in your area.
    What do I look for to check the seal, I have 2 vents in each room 10 total only 1 drips ,making the ceiling damp can I seal these myself THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

My first thought that the duct is run through the attic space and for some reason is not insulated,thereby showing frost in the outlet box. Sounds like an exploratory trip into the attic to see what's there is in order.