+ Reply to Thread

Smile spots coming through on painted tile

Hello,
    We moved into our new house last Sept. The house was built in 1863. The tile in the bath was painted black when we moved in, and the tile in the shower was painted white. About 1 month ago, I started having small dull white/grayish splotches coming on the black tile, and small grayish splotches coming on the white tile. I have scrubbed and scrubbed, and the splotches seem to disappear, and then reappear. I am wondering if the previous owners had mold on the tile and just repainted the tile instead of getting rid of the mold first and then repainting. Does this sound like it could be the reason for the splotches?
    Thank you, Maggie

Default Re: spots coming through on painted tile

Hello,
    Thank you for responding!
    The splotches are on the actual tile, sometimes covering 50% of the tile. And, the tile is painted. I can tell this because a small piece of tile came off of the wall - it was pink under the black paint! The paint looks like just a standard flat black paint.
    I am going to try to attach 2 pictures. 1 is the white inside of the shower stall, and 1 is the black around the bath tub.
    Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1284.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	1376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1283.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	1377