+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chimney liners?

Default chimney liners?

Just wondering..I have a stainless chimney liner that is currently hooked to my oil fired boiler. We are planning to take out the oil boiler and replace it with the new Acadia heat pump in another location. For hot water, I would like to install an "on demand" propane tankless water heater.Can this heater be vented through the stainless liner, or does propane have to vent through aluminum? Thanks for any reply.

Default Re: chimney liners?

The liner is to big and to tall for the water heater. The down pressure would be to great. A high efficiency water heater usually uses PVC for flue through an adjacent wall.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

tj:

Aside from the Acadia forced air heat pump, Hallowell is also producing the "Hallowell Domestic Hot Water Heater".

This would be more than 3 times more efficient than a a gas-fired HWH---they have an 800 phone number at the site below for more info---hopefully it's ready now, & can be integrated into the rest of the Hallowell equipment.

Do you have any further info???---Noraire in Minnesota also has a domestic HWH run by a heat pump.

http://www.gotohallowell.com/waterheater.html

Thanks, guys..I will look into the Hallowell hot water heat pump. I knew they were developing one, it looks like it might be available soon. If not, I am still thinking tankless propane water heater. I've gotten a couple prices in the $2500(installed) range for a size to meet our needs. I'd like a pilotless type..electronic or hydro-start. Have you folks heard any good/bad news about them? Thanx again