+ Reply to Thread

Default Flickering Ceiling Light

My bedroom ceiling fan light has been flickering recently when I turn it on. When I turn the switch on, it dims and flickers for a few seconds and then turns on fully. Randomly it will flicker for a few seconds if I continue to leave it on for a while.

I had one of those CFL bulbs in there for a few months so when this problem started last week, I though there was just something wrong with the bulb. I replaced the bulb with a standard 60 watt incandescent and the problem still exists. I would also like to mention that about 2 nights ago I tried to turn on the ceiling fan and it wouldnt come on at all, not the fan or the light would work and I tried various different combinations of the wall switch and the pull chains on the ceiling fan. The next morning I turn the switch on and both came on again. Any ideas?
    Last edited by dcalabro; 02-06-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Default Re: Flickering Ceiling Light

Could be a loose or broken wire either in or above the fan or at the switch. Is the fan malfunctioning as well? If so I would check the splice above the fixture then the switch.

shut the power off first
    Help us name our new Hidden Content

Replace the wall switch . They can give you these same symptoms and are cheap and easy to replace . If it doesn't fix the problem you are only out about a buck and a half anyway .

Does this fan have a remote?