+ Reply to Thread

Default Options for porch flooring

So, my idea was to build a pergola, but I have this screened in porch just sitting here....I removed all the screens and reframed the walls/front in order to make this a pergola type structure that's open on the sides and front (no screens), but with a roof. I was thinking of doing tile on the floor, but now I'm leaning towards doing a boardwalk style floor using Trex or something like that. Has anyone done a screened in porch on concrete and built a boardwalk style floor? The concrete is fine, so it would take paint, but I want to do something a little more unique. It is attached to the house, if that makes a difference in seeing the big picture. Plenty of clearance to go up about 3-4" above the concrete pad and still clear the door going in to the house. I was thinking of something like 1" runners secured to the pad with Tapcons and then the decking going on top of that.
    Last edited by triplestagedarkness; 07-20-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Default Re: Options for porch flooring

1x6 pressure treated or 2x6 pressure treated wood laying flat on its side maybe use Liquid Nail with the Tapcon. You can go with Trex or Fibercon decking try the hidden fastener system, Tiger fasteners are good.
    Another decking that is great and looks great is IPE it is a Brazilian hardwood it look great, Its a little expensive.

Good Luck