+ Reply to Thread

Question cutting baseboard while in place

In putting new kitchen cabinets in, I need to cut the baseboard so the cabinet will set flush against the wall. Is there a saw(?) which will allow me to cut the baseboard in place? I don't want to resort to using a hammer and chisel. Sometime back I remember seeing on a TV commercial for a saw that had a triangular cutter and I think was capable of performing the cut I am trying to accomplish. I have not been able to locate it in any of my local home improvement centers. Any suggestions?

Default Re: cutting baseboard while in place

The tool you mentioned seeing is a Fein Multimaster. Dremel is coming out with a lighter and cheaper version called the MultiMax due out in October.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

If you have the dough...I second, third and forth Fein's Multi Master but be sure to be prepared to shell out bucks for the blades and be seriously careful not to hit nails or bye bye blade. You can get some deals on blades through Ebay and some carps even make their own blades.
    You won't be sorry you bought one!!!
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Thank you.
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by asc2078 View Post
    For cutting baseboard and door frames in place I use various tools. In hand saws a Japanese flush cut saw works well. In power tools a roto-zip with its drill bit style cutting blade is easy to use. There is also a toe-kick saw for working around cabinets. Another Item I use frequently is a hand-held side grinder. I take the abrasive blade off and replace it with a small saw blade for tight, flush cutting.

Hope this is helpful

DB

Attached pictures were copied from http://www.harborfreight.com/