+ Reply to Thread

Default Garage in bad shape, what to do?

I Have multiple problems areas in my garage, most of them are to do with drywall repair or replace. from the pictures attached how should i begin to tackle them. i don't want to start something that i can't finish and i would like to handle one thing at a time. thanks in advance for any input.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water damaged.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	300

Name:	water damaged2.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	301

Name:	drywall_unprimed.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	302
    Last edited by echofoxx; 10-21-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: error

Default Re: Garage in bad shape, what to do?

The first thing to do is make sure the leaks are taken care of. Check the damaged area to see if the drywall is crumbling. If all the drywall is solid and the leaks are taken care of, re-attach the loose drywall to the studs ( I prefer drywall screws). Then start tapping and mudding. Good luck.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

And if your going to paint, make sure you use a sealer first like Kilz or 3bin. Otherwise those leaks will show back through your paint.

Too take that suggetion and save some money, demo the old stuff yourself, make sure the leaks are fixed, and then hire some guys to do it. It is one of the lesser cost things, but if done poorly IT WILL ALWAYS LOOK POOR. Process of elimanation. Good luck.

Stevie Wonder could do drywall better than I could....I'd hire somebody, as I was pleasantly surprised at the cost to "fix" all my drywall work that I'd done.....