+ Reply to Thread

Default Your opinion on widow size due to plan changes

Okay, be patient with me!! Some of you fellows are thinking, here we go again! That dumb blonde! If a house plan calls for 10'down and 9' up and we are changing to 9'down and 8' up..will a good builder be able to arrange correct placement or windows or new window size if needed? The plan calls for 9 over 9 on both the first & second floor. Just wondering!

Default Re: Your opinion on widow size due to plan changes

First you're not a dumb blonde, you're a light haired detour on the information super highway.

We have no idea what style house you are building or what you're tastes are so I'll just give you some facts. 1]The number of lights in a window does not designate it's size. 2] Windows have traditionally been installed from very small slits to ones that run from ceiling to floor even ones that the lower sash can be raised and the wall below would open to form a doorway.

Again the best thing to do is build a model or do scale drawings. Keep in mind that custom sized windows cost more.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    First you're not a dumb blonde, you're a light haired detour on the information super highway.
    That, my dear friend, is going to my girlfriend! LOL She collects blonde jokes! (and yes, she's blonde )

BTW, the politically correct term is "follicularly challenged" ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Good grief! Never heard that one and my husband comes home with blonde jokes all the time!!! That's it! I'm going to the store tomorrow and ask for a cure for "that". Of course, being the intelligent person that I am, I already know the cure! It's called Clairol...hair coloring kit!