+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does it Work

Default Does it Work

I have seen several magnetic products to cover table saw to prevent corrision. Can you tell me if they work this seems unlikly to me. Any other suggestions for this purpose would be helpfull,as my new table and band saws keeping corroding during cool nights. I keep oiling them but this does not last long during fall and spring nights here in Ohio. Also what can I use to clean surfaces allready staind by corrision.
    Thanks DougB.

Default Re: Does it Work

I had always oiled the top of my saws but it usually meant wiping them down before using. So .. I switched over to auto wax ... for me this works to help with corrosion and actually does provide a little more slick surface which can be helpful.
    I usually use steel wool to buff out the corrosion... you'll still have a little staining.

Personally I wouldn't waste money on some gadget that claims anti-corrosion.

Just 2 cents.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post

Personally I wouldn't waste money on some gadget that claims anti-corrosion.

Just 2 cents.
    Why not?
    You ever heard of tornado device? It'll make any tool operating faster especially staplers.... LMAO...I couldn't resist that.

Back to topic....
    I usually lightlyspray any visible metal area with WD 40 and let it soak. Just don't get carry away and apply directly to electrical components.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWalt View Post
    Why not?
    You ever heard of tornado device? It'll make any tool operating faster especially staplers.... LMAO...I couldn't resist that.
    Yep ... that vortex generator will definately make the air stapler work better and use less air in the process.
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Yep ... that vortex generator will definately make the air stapler work better and use less air in the process.
    and the nice thing about that is caulk will make it look nicer and quicker

Oh boy .... oh boy ... oh boy ..
    - Rush

Personally I like the Boesheild Products but another item I saw at a woodworking show was Slick Saw that looked good. Bought one to try.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks JLMCDANIAL I had not seen the products previously tho other suggestions i tried DougB