My problem is mold. My deceased aunt's home was unoccupied when the washing machine water hose sprung a leak. A large amount of water sprayed up onto the basement ceiling (bare wood)before it was discovered. Last month's water bill was $25 and this month's was $185.

My father died the day after the water problem was discovered so nothing was done right away aside from turning the water off to the washing machine. This caused a huge mold problem.

My cousin, a home remodeler, suggested a bleach solution, but I became aware of a greener way - tea tree oil. Does this work? Or should I go by the professional opinion and use the harsh stuff?