+ Reply to Thread

Default Carpet glued to floor

We are remodeling and decided to get rid of the carpet in the bedroom. When we started pulling it up, we found no carpet pad but we did find the carpet glued to the wood flooring. What is best to get the glue off the wood floor? If the floor is in good enough shape we plan to stain, if not we will look at other options besides glue to put down carpet.

Default Re: Carpet glued to floor

Not sure what you mean by glue, but you may want to try a product by Franmar called Mastic Remover. http://www.franmar.com/ It is an soy based product. I've used their soy based paint remover to strip a radiator. Worked great. I applied the stuff, covered it with a plastic bag and two days later the paint just fell off. What's even nicer is there is no odor, I didn't use gloves, and I don't have worry about disposing of the rags or used gel. I'm doing the bathroom floor today. The company is based in Bloomington, Il.

Default Re: Carpet glued to floor

Sorry, just read through the website and Mastic Remover is not recommended for wood floors. You could call them and ask for suggestion on a solution for your floor.