+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Default Re: Toilet installation in basement

i just love a hot topic like this. i like the Fernco Bands. emergency repairs or add on they work outstanding. make sure to tighten them down to the 60 lbs. torque. Plumb Best sells a inexpensive3 tools for that for 15$ US or so. It is called a torque wrench.

next. god love the DIY projects. that is how i got into plumbing. check out the drawings and make sure you understand what a vent is.

here is the misfitter's defination example of a vent: "if you have a soda with a straw in it and you put your finger over the end of the straw sticking out, and then lift the straw, the soda stays in the straw. when you take your thumb off of the end of the straw the soda flows out. if the soda was the sewage water the same would apply to the drainpipe(the straw)and the vent(your thumb and the end of the straw)." a studor vent is great, but you are at the bottom of your system. you really need to tie into the vent going out of the roof somewhere or it will always be a slow drain.

where is the lav/sink? is the toilet/wc 12" off the wall? keep it simple with your installation, but also take your time and get it right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawing 1.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	1328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawing 2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	1329  
    Process of elimination. Good luck.