Glad to hear they're doing all the air-sealing, I personally believe that 50% of the savings that you are going to get from the new insulation will be attributed to air sealing. I also have central air, and the one thing I have yet to tackle, and I believe will make another noticeable improvement, is getting covers for all the a/c grills throughout my home. I close the louvers on my grills during the winter, but those louvers aren't very air tight, or at all insulated. So warm room air will rise up into the ductwork through this grilles, quickly cool off, and then drop back into the room. You may want to ask your auditor if they offer those types of covers as part of the air sealing. I have found a few companies that make them, but at around 20 bux a pop, getting a rebate on them would be nice.

In getting my System 2000 I replaced both the boiler and the separate oil fired DHW heater. So I have the complete System 2000 with the indirect storage tank. The only issue I had with the hot water was that it wasn't set quite as hot as I would have liked initially, but a small increase in the tanks aquastat immediately solved that problem. Seeings that you are a family of 7 you may want to go for the larger tank. I know on there website there is a spec of the gallons per hour that each of there systems produces. And it looks like each system has a range depending on the nozzle size you use in the burner.

I am not sure what the price on the peerless would be, I believe that a couple years ago i asked Slomins, who at the time I was getting my oil from, and the guy said it would cost around 8000 for the Peerless, not sure if that would include an indirect, since I wasn't really ready to pull the trigger on the new boiler at that time.

The contractor I used is Soundview Heating & Air Conditioning. They are located in Port Jefferson Station, 585 North Bicycle Path, Suite 8. They are a smaller family business, very nice people to work with. The owner, John Celentano, was one of the mechanics that installed my boiler.

And in regards to the fiberglass insulation, let's say it is one of those long-term projects! I had to remove about (10) sheets of plywood that where nailed down for flooring (which i had to cut in place into small enough pieces that they would fit out the attic window! Then I did all the air sealing, foaming, caulking, covering kitchen soffits with foam board. The whole first layer of faced R-19 is installed, and some of the second layer of R-30, but there is still plenty of work to be done!

That also reminds me, if you have soffit vents, be sure that they are installing soffit baffles prior to doing the blow-in. Without correctly installed soffit baffles the outside air blows right up through those soffit vents, and through the insulation installed at the edges of the attic. Air moving through the insulation this way will degrade the R-value of the insulation greatly.

Are you doing many lighting upgrades? There is substantial savings to be had there as well, if you are going from incandescents to either CFL or LED bulbs.