+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Special Loppers

Default Special Loppers

Does anyone know where ****** I can find the kind of loppers (don't know what they are called!) that you can use standing up? By that I mean you don't need to constantly bend over in order to cut low brush close to the ground. The blades of the loppers are horizontal to the ground as you stand upright (saves your back!). I can't find them locally, but I know that Roger mentioned them once on a TOH program. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Special Loppers

Quote Originally Posted by missymaggie View Post
    Does anyone know where ****** I can find the kind of loppers (don't know what they are called!) that you can use standing up? By that I mean you don't need to constantly bend over in order to cut low brush close to the ground. The blades of the loppers are horizontal to the ground as you stand upright (saves your back!). I can't find them locally, but I know that Roger mentioned them once on a TOH program. Thanks for any help!
    I've not seen what you're referring to, however irrigation and landscape supply companies generally carry a good selection of these types of tools for the pro's that frequent their establishments. You may try to find something like this locally. Other than that, Corona and Fiskars make pruners of all kinds, it might be worth contacting them for local distributors.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Special Loppers

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Handle...=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

Amazon.com: Fiskars Long Handled Swivel Grass Shears #9210: Home Improvement

Maybe this is the sort of thing you had in mind? More a clipper than a lopper, though. You can order these through Amazon (of all places!).