+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered Guest

Post 117 year old windows

My husband and I have been replacing the windows in our 117 year old Victorian house. I was just wondering if you could lead me to anyone or any business that might be interested in buying these windows or where to advertise them. They are taking up a lot of space in our garage and we would like to get rid of them.

Thanks!

Melissa

Default Re: 117 year old windows

Melissa,
    It really depends on what kind of windows you have in your 117 year old house. If you have leaded or staind glass windows than it should be quite easy to sell those to a salvage company. If they have a unique pattern in the panes they are still desirable. If they are plain paned windows than I'm afraid that the search for a buyer gets a bit harder. You may want to try your local craft fair to see if anyone is painting scenes on windows. It's been a big hit here in the Midwest and those artists are always looking for plain windows to use as their canvas. To find a salvage company in your area go to: www.architecturalsalvagenews.com or www.oldhouses.com or www.salvageweb.com

Thanks,
    Tab