+ Reply to Thread

Default replacing floor/iron tub??

The flooring needs to be replaced in my bathroom. There is an iron tub I want to keep. I am trying to do as much as possible myself. I plan to do small white tiles. Any ideas, suggestions?

TJV

Default Re: replacing floor/iron tub??

If this is your first time , dry fit first, then lay out your grid lines.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

hi thanks,
    I'm not worried about the tile, it's the heavy claw tub. How do I lift it to work on the floor?

Four plant trolleys works. Screw rubber caps on the top of them to keep the legs of the tub from shifting while you push the tub around to work. You can make your own trolleys or skates with two planks of wood each one span beyond the two sets of legs and heavy duty casters. make sure you have casters on each side of where a tub foot will sit. Put a sheet of protective material down where ever you want to roll the tub to. You can use a jack and planks of wood to brace it to lift the tub to place the trolleys and to remove them and set tub in place.

I don't know about what Blue RidgeParkway is trying to say but 3-4 folks would be needed to move or lift it out of the way.