+ Reply to Thread

Question pipe draining water into crawl space

Hello! We moved into our house about a year ago. The house was built in 1998. I was poking around in my Crawl Space and I noticed one corner of the crawl space was rater damp. I pulled back the installation on the walls to discover a 6" green pipe open though the foundation wall. There is clearly water and dirt coming out of the pipe onto the gravel floor of the crawl space. If you look into the pipe, it appears to be clogged with a piece of metal and soil.

There is a sump pump in the opposite end of the crawl space. I did notice in the beams above this pipe there is an electrical box labeled "Sump Plug" but nothing is plugged into it and there is no sump on this end of the crawl space. My only guess is that maybe this is the foundation drain tile?? and maybe this was supposed to drain into the sump pump...??

What should I do with this??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010009.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	1282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010010.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	1283  

Default Re: pipe draining water into crawl space

*** that's a big pipe , most of the drain pipes I've seen are usually 3 or 4 inches. It sounds like water does flow so it might be worth trying to have it extended to your sump pit.