+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recess lighting

Question Recess lighting

We had water damage to our home. Since we have no ceiling in the kitchen at the moment I thought this would be a good time to update the lighting with both pendant and recess lighting.
    I can not figure which recess equipment to purchase. Help!

Default Re: Recess lighting

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    We had water damage to our home. Since we have no ceiling in the kitchen at the moment I thought this would be a good time to update the lighting with both pendant and recess lighting.
    I can not figure which recess equipment to purchase. Help!
    I would suggest you go to a electrical supply house instead of the big box store. You have better quality and a lot more options for the finish trim. There are also lighting stores that offer free design services if you buy from them.Two names that come to mind is Progress and Seagull lighting. I am sure you can go to their website and it will have all the info on what trims and lamps are available. IS that what you are asking?
    Harry

If I might suggest, now might be a good time to look into LEDs. It's my feeling that LED lighting sales will overtake compact flourescents in the not too distant future as the technology improves and prices start to come down.

For example a company called "CREE" produces a few options including a retrofit kit (for existing can light fixtures) that produces the same light as an incandescent 65W bulb for only 12W. They last even longer than CF's and contain no mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by xyxoxy View Post
    If I might suggest, now might be a good time to look into LEDs. It's my feeling that LED lighting sales will overtake compact flourescents in the not too distant future as the technology improves and prices start to come down.

For example a company called "CREE" produces a few options including a retrofit kit (for existing can light fixtures) that produces the same light as an incandescent 65W bulb for only 12W. They last even longer than CF's and contain no mercury.
    LEDS will knock CFs off the market with in a few years....