+ Reply to Thread

Default what flooring goes with knotty pine?

We are in the process of purchasing a 3000 square foot home with all knotty pine walls and ceiling. The carpet has to be removed as they have many dogs....having a hard time picturing what would look good with this. Wood floors seem like it would have to match perfectly or it would look funny. Any pictures of suggestions would be appreciated!
    Anyone had stained concrete floors or any thoughts of that?

Wink Re: what flooring goes with knotty pine?

We have a huge walkout basement in our house finished totally in rough hewn cedar. For 17 years the floor was a carpet, 6 month ago we removed old carpet and installed a floating engineered wood floor. It is teak, 5" wide planks. Color is very close to cedar. We also bought stain grade base mouldings in Home Depot, and I stained them and put 3 layers of semi-gloss polyurethane. One of the areas which is 25'x 15" has 3 big windows in it, and the whole room looks like a prize with the afternoon sun. I forgot to say, that I painted a ceiling in **** yellow. So don't hesitate and go for wood floors, the color doesn't have to be close, can be totally contrasting. Or different color in every room.

Default Re: what flooring goes with knotty pine?

I think stone looks good

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb