I am building a retaining wall along the back of my property. It will be about 2 feet tall, most likely a little less. I am using 6" Drywall stones as the pricing seems more reasonable than the blocks that are popular now. There is no ornamental requirements for the wall as my property backs up to a wetlands preservation and cannot be viewed from that side.

I have a fence that runs across the back also. It has a gate that I use to access my mulch pile and to mow around the outside of the fence line. I want to build a ramp at this gate for ease of access. How do I do this?

a)Have an opening in the retaining wall and simply put dirt and gravel in a slope.I'm concerned I'll be creating a river for dirt to slide down in this area.

b)Build the wall across the front of the gate and pile sloped dirt and gravel to make a ramp in front of it.

c) Build the wall like b)but leave the top stones off in front of the gate then pile dirt and gravel here.

I do not want stairs because I can't get my lawn mower through. I also am hesitant to build a wooden ramp because I do not want to create a habitat for the many animals that live in the wetlands.