+ Reply to Thread

Default Only our Shower water pressure is low

First of all, I would like to say thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to reply to this question.
    Our home is on a public water system and all of the water pressure in out house is fine except in our master shower. There aren't any signs of a leak as the home is only 2.5 years old. Do I snake the pipe where the water comes out? I also wonder if the turn on/off handle (only one of them) is not opening the valve all the way when you take a shower. If that's the case how would I check that. Help.

Default Re: Only our Shower water pressure is low

If this just recently started happening .... it may be simply the shower head is plugged up.

Some recommend trying to soak in white vinegar though I haven't had luck with that ... you might even try a stronger commerically available solution .... or replace the shower head.

Hopefully this helps.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Default Re: Only our Shower water pressure is low

You may have a water saver shower head. The water cut off valves may not be all the way open. You might check the shower controls manufacturers web site for a manual.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb