+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Historic House on episode...

A while back the crew was working on a house in Mass, on a bay. I don't think it was"Massachusetts Bay" but I could be wrong. At the beginning of the project there was a tour of a fantastic old house over looking the water. What I remember most is the foundation being native stone that started as boulders at grade and progressively became more refined as the foundation rose out of the ground. There was also a very dark wood 'gentelmens' room inside.

Sorry about the limited info but I can't get that house out of my head. I want to see more pictures of it but I can't nail down the exact episode or location!

Thanks TOH sleuths!

Aaron in Seattle

Default Re: Historic House on episode...

I think that was the East Boston Project but I couldn't find a location name.
    Debby in Oklahoma

That was probably the Manchester project. It replayed recently on the TOH Classics. Take a look at the house and the show descriptions. Does this look like it?

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/house-project/show-descriptions/0,,213533,00.html

I believe it was Manchester and the house in question was "H. H. Richardson's Stonehurst in Waltham, Massachusetts".

It looks different in the photos from what I remember so I guess I will just have to wait for that episode to re-air to see for again for myself.

Thanks for the responses.

I didn't mean to imply that the pictures were of the historic home you were looking for. The pictures in the link are of the Manchester house. But it was likely on that project that the house you are talking about was shown. Like you said you can catch it on the reruns. Or maybe one of these days TOH will make DVDs available of the shows.