+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Removing pet urine oder from hardwood floors

Our old beloved, faithful dog has had a few accidents on our prefinished oak hardwood floors. We cleaned them up immediately, but I can still smell urine. I've used the Bruce hardwood floor cleaner, Murphys Oil Soap and water and Mr. Clean and water to no avail. Does anyone know what I can put on these floors or clean them with to remove this oder? Please Help!

Default Re: Removing pet urine oder from hardwood floors

Try an enzyme type cleaner. They can be found at a pet shop. I can't recall the name of the one I've used but works well on concrete, carpet and wood. It comes in a white bottle with red lettering.

Default Re: Removing pet urine oder from hardwood floors

My favorites are baking soda and vinegar. Baking soda in particular is great at absorbing and removing odors. Gently rub the area with some baking soda and water. Let the baking soda with a touch of water sit on the area for just a few minutes. Wipe away. Repeat a few times. Should do the trick. Good luck.
    ______
    Networx.com
    We provide the latest information on how to fix, renovate, and decorate your house using the least amount of resources for the best value.