+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pump House

Default Pump House

I just put a new single wide mobile home on a piece of property and I am waiting for the well driller to show up, I have decided to put up a pump house out back of the mobile home to house the Whole House Reverse Osmosis System, water softner, pumps, filters and anything else I may need before hooking up the water to my house. I have decided to put up this pump house to save room in the house and (God Forbid) not damage my floor in case of leaks.

Has anybody ever done this? Any tips or suggestions. The pump house will he heated in the winter.

Thanks in Advance

Shortrib

Oh Ya, I am located in Southeastern Montana

Default Re: Pump House

Well houses useto be quite common. It should be well insulated, being in Montana you may want to consider an alternative heat source in case you loose electricity. I would also suggest a leak detector of some kind with an alarm in case you blow a line or the bladder tank. A door large enough to move equipment in and out, and a building large enough for the storage of all your supplies needed, salt filters, etc. and enough room to work around the equipment.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Pump House

Pump House is 12 x 16 with double doors. I do have a back-up heat source available. I am building this like I built my last fish house, spray in foam and insulated floor.

Thanks for the info