+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Septic Odor

Default Re: Septic Odor

The first PVC pipes were made in the 30's in Germany, PVC pipes were introducted in the U.S. in the 50's. The rest is history.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    The first PVC pipes were made in the 30's in Germany, PVC pipes were introducted in the U.S. in the 50's. The rest is history.
    Jack

Ok Thanks for info.
    I didn't know that.

Most house I've been to has cast iron pipes and copper pipes.

I'll look into that......I believe the Trap loops down lower than the main going out....that Studor Vent.....would that go between the trap and main line ????....does the Studor Vent have to be mounted horizontal or can it also be verticle if needed???

Sounds like I gotta put a call into my Nephew....he's a Lic. Engineer and designs Septic Systems.....also a Lic. Home Inspector.....my Sister divorced the Family Master Plumber

OK with the trap below the main line every time you flush sewage is probably pushed into the trap. Raise the trap up close to the joists as you can get it, come off the trap with a horizontal line wide enough to mount the studor then down to the main line. That will probably take care of your problem.
    Jack

If that line is already vented the studor wouldn't be required .... I would think.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    If that line is already vented the studor wouldn't be required .... I would think.
    Canuk, if you look back at the picture you'll see it's not vented after the trap.
    Jack

but it could be vented off one of the other two lines above floor level after their trap which would still provide proper venting

Jack ... the picture doesn't show that line isn't vented.

I'm thinking along the same as havanagranite .... that line could be tied into the 3 inch stack upstairs in the wall.

Or it could run straight up through the roof .... though highly unlikely.

It's strange to see the "P" trap in the basement at the main instead of where the washer's hose would drain into upstairs.

Around here that "P" trap would need to be closer to drain inlet for the fixture .... in this case the washer.

Of course we're all just speculating here.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

You are correct, we are speculating. But I can't imagine a P trap being installed after the vent connection.
    Jack