+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wainscoating

Default wainscoating

i have wainscoating throughout my 60 plus ol house. was origanially a summer cottage. We installed heat and air 10 yrs ago and are experiencing cracks in the walls and ceiling every winter. humidifier on winter months. Some of the cracks close up when heat is off. others don't. We have cailked and repainted to no avail, What can I do to eliminate this problem? I'm ready to cover with drywall. PLS PLS ADVISE:

Default Re: wainscoating

It sounds like your humidifier isn't giving out enough humidity, which is fine for you but isn't so great for your wood work.

I really don't have a cure. Some species of wood have a higher humidity requirement than others.

you could try doubling the humidifiers in the house or keeping the heater at a lower setting and wearing more clothing, and getting more covers.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Default Re: wainscoating

What material is the wainscoating made of? Wood, MDF, etc? If wood, what type?

Thumbs down Free Wallpapers,Top Wallpapers

Looktop.com are very popular Desktop Wallpapers downloads site. Wallpaper on the computer screen changes the look of the screen within a moment. Wallpapers help us enjoy beautiful sights. With free wallpapers, top wallpapers,we can view great photographs on our desktop.
    My favorite Hidden Content WebSite.