+ Reply to Thread

Default Tips on removing wallpaper sizing?

I'm in the process of pulling off the wallpaper in my bathroom. I've got a steamer and the wallpaper comes off super easy. The problem is the sizing doesn't. It takes forever. I'll put the steamer on it for about a min and it will slowly come off in small pieces. Anybody got and tip or products that would help? I'm just using straight water in the steamer.

Thanks.

Default Re: Tips on removing wallpaper sizing?

Quote Originally Posted by brrymnvette View Post
    I'm in the process of pulling off the wallpaper in my bathroom. I've got a steamer and the wallpaper comes off super easy. The problem is the sizing doesn't. It takes forever. I'll put the steamer on it for about a min and it will slowly come off in small pieces. Anybody got and tip or products that would help? I'm just using straight water in the steamer.

Thanks.
    I use wetcloth with warm soapy water till it is removed. Change your sponge or cloth often or you will just smear it. then whip with clear water. Worked for me. If you have bare drywall you have to be careful not to ruin the paper. If it has been painted you should be ok it protects the drywall paper covering. good luck
    Harry