+ Reply to Thread

Default Mechanical Window Opener?

I have a customer who swears he saw a mechanical window opener for either a casement or awning window on an episode of TOH. He didn't know if it was a retro-fit thing or an offering by a particular window manufacturer. I've tried to find such a thing over the internet and through several window lines that are avialable to me, with no luck. In the house I am building for him we have one pair of awning windows set up in a shed dormer in the roof of the dining room. He would like to be able to open and close the windows with the push of a button. I told him worst case I can have a long crank made with some kind of universal joint in it to operate the windows from below. He'd be o.k. with that but I promised I would search high and low for a mechanical option as well. Anybody know of such a thing or remember what he might have seen on the show? Any other suggestions for ways of dealing with opening and closing of high windows would be appreciated.

Default Re: Mechanical Window Opener?

didn't see the show, but Miller window wand might work.
    http://windowwand.net/_wsn/page2.html

I have wired one of these before I think Velux makes one
    Harry

I missed "by the push of a button" part. Velux & Andersen definately make one for skylights. I wouldn't be surprised if at least the big name window mfgrs didn't made one for windows.

Marvin makes them for awning and casements. The mechanism and switch is made by Truth called Sentry II.

Here's some information on the Anderson Electric Window Openers for Anderson awning and roof windows:

http://www.andersenwindows.com/servl...&ssbinary=true