+ Reply to Thread

Default Hiding decking screws

I am renovationg my deck using 2X10 's made from PT pine. The old boards were fastened with deck screws and looked okay. I like wood decks and the old deck has lasted for 27 years with minimal maitenance. the 2X10's looked good and made a stable deck. Is there a way to toenail the new boards to hide the fastening, or do I need to buy the devices that hide the fasteners? Has anyone used those fasteners and how well do they work? Thanks for your comments. If Tommy Silva reads this, his comments would be ****en.

Default Re: Hiding decking screws

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    tried getting this product on the last cedar deck we did.. home depot in my area wouldnt bring it in for us because its not a stock item. said they cant get it in however they do carry gate systems by the manufacturer? the local lumberyard which has about 45% of all contractor sales in the area said they'd bring it in for us but only by the pallet load. a bit much for a 14x 24 deck
    Reply: Went to Home Depot to ask about ordering the the Tiger Claw system. The service desk said they could order it, but it would be delivered directly to me and not to the store.

Question Re: Hiding decking screws

I just checked the reviews from a guy who used the Tiger Claw system and it was not good. He apparently had a lot of trouble using the units. Somehow I don't think a company would patent an item, do all the R&D, and market an item that is this bad. Please go to the website shown in these threads and read the review. Again, I would appreciate any feedback on this system or others you may have used. Thanks for all the comments. They are very helpful.