+ Reply to Thread

Default Septic system: slow sink/toilet

I have a septic system and I know I have to be mindful of what I put down the drain. However, one of my bathroom sinks is draining slowly. I can't get the plunger type stopper out. What can I use to clear the drain? Also, the toilet in that bathromm doesn't always flush completely the first time. Is there something I should be using to keep the toilets and sinks running smoothly?
    Thanks so much, JHunter

Default Re: Septic system: slow sink/toilet

Some thing may be stuck in the toilet buy a closet auger and run it through the trap. Make sure you get a good one you'll turn to it way before the plunger once you get the sweet hang of it. The sink probably needs to be cabled out and you can rent a machine at rental centers for $30 to $75 or call a service company for $135 and up.

Default Re: Septic system: slow sink/toilet

You could also check if the vent is obstructed. A trip to the roof is required.
    You should be able to get the stopper out. The way to get them out is often under the sink. Follow the rod that works the stopper to under the sink. It is connected to a lever that works the stopper. Unscrew the ring & pull it out. Some water or gunk may fall out. Watch which direction things face so you can put it back together the same way. Then you can clean and pull out hair as needed.