+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your opinion

Default Re: Your opinion

Thanks everyone. I have been doing some research and I think I will go with DeWalt, but I will buy mostly corded thanks to all your advice.

So, say I buy a 10 amp sawsall. Would I get say a 12 ga cord or would you suggest bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    So, say I buy a 10 amp sawsall. Would I get say a 12 ga cord or would you suggest bigger?
    12 ga. will handle up to 20 amps and minimize voltage drop. I doubt you'll buy any hand tools that use more than 20 amps.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I don't like RIDGID cordless power tools either but a buddy of mine pointed out that they and their batteries are made by Makita and I was left with no argument but that they were RIDGID. Still not Rryobi, the Dodge of power tools. And I will preemptively say Just Shut Up to anyone who argues the 3/4 ton and up Diesel trucks. They are designed and built by Cummins. The only thing Dodge on them of signifigance is the badge.
    Last edited by i.m.plummin; 08-05-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Jesse,

I am a fellow DIYer. One thing I found very helpful is Taunton’s Tool Guide. It covers many different kinds of tools. For each tool it compares different brands and the advantages and disadvantages of them. It provides tables that summarize the information for each tool, lists the street price, gives web addresses, and gives ratings on “best overall”, “best value”, and “reader’s choice”. Taunton publishes Fine Homebuilding and Fine Woodworking.

The 2009 tool guide is now for sale on their website:
    http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/

Sherry