Help...Does anyone know the feul mix for the Echo Trimmer model
    #SRM200DA?

Default Re: Trimmer feul mix

http://www.echo-usa.com/pdf/document...5_112603_1.pdf

go to page 16 and it states

IMPORTANT
    Echo premium Power Blend TM Universal 2-Stroke Oil may be mixed
    at 50:1 ratio for application in all Echo engines sold in the past
    regardless of ratio specified in those manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post

IMPORTANT
    Echo premium Power Blend TM Universal 2-Stroke Oil may be mixed
    at 50:1 ratio for application in all Echo engines sold in the past
    regardless of ratio specified in those manuals.
    This seems to be the mix of choice for all equipment these days. The one thing to add is that it's important to use an oil who's quality you trust. I've used cheapy no-name brands in the past and have experienced a good deal of engine problems. Stick with good name brand oils - i.e., Echo, Stihl, etc. and you'll minimize hard start, low power, and other engine related problems.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I agree with the quality oil suggestion . I ran out of 2 cycle oil a while back and asked my wife to pick some up on one of her trips to the store . She brought back some off brand stuff and the difference was noticeable . The blower and string trimmer ran rough and did not start as easily .

Smile Re: Trimmer feul mix

I run Husqvarna and Stihl saws, Stihl trimmers and edgers, Stihl Backpack blowers and Echo handheld blowers. I run nothing other than Stihl's HP Ultra Fully Synthetic Oil in all of them. I have been running them for years and all of their internals still look brand new. I of course always run a premium fuel in the mix as this gets failed to mentioned all the time. You can check it out here http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/twocycleoil.html it's in the white bottle. But yes Echo and Stihl 2 cycle oil should be the only thing sold. Ask any repair shop if you don't believe me! But to answer your question it would be a 50:1 ratio. To mix 2 stroke fuel fill container up with 50% premium fuel. Add 100% of your oil. Close container and slosh gently to avoid building up pressure. Add remaining 50% of premium fuel. Close container again and slosh gently again. Trash remaining fuel in 30 days if not used. Hope that helped some.
    Last edited by remedialmofo; 09-26-2008 at 04:59 AM.

Echo says to use midgrade fuel with their equipment.
    No reason to throw the gas away after 30 days. The echo oil as well as the other premium oils contain a stabilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    Echo says to use midgrade fuel with their equipment.
    No reason to throw the gas away after 30 days. The echo oil as well as the other premium oils contain a stabilizer.
    Yes, your basically looking for a minimum octane of 89. And as for the fuel expiring after 30 days yes your right they do contain stabilizer in the oil. But if you use 10 gallons a week as I do it wouldn't really matter much at that point But ya I was never one to trust old gas. Treated with a stabilizer or not.