+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paint help

Unhappy Paint help

I have a huge problem! My house is an old house it was built in the early 1900s and I fell in love with it because of the original wood work through out the interior of my home, it reminded me of the home I grew up in. When we bought it, all of the walls in the house were painted an off white color, which looked very nice with the dark wood work. But I am a colored wall kind of person. I wanted very badly to add color to the walls in the living room. So on the advice of my wonderful colorblind boyfriend, we painted the walls a bright red . Now I hate it but can't find the right color to repaint it. I want to do an outdoor, wooded look but I'm lost on a color with my dark woodwork. I really don't want to paint the woodwork. Does anyone have any advice?

Default Re: Paint help

Paint green stripes on it and make everyday Chiristmas?!

Teal may be a good color for you and you can go from a very light shade to very dark depending on your eye. Be sure to use a stain killer like Kilz on the wall before you apply the paint, red bleeds through.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Just curious if you ever repainted... I too bought an early 1900's house with lots of wood and almost ALL the walls are off white I did the living room a tan (Pony Tail- Pittsburgh paints from Menards) and did the "sitting" room a sagey green, but I'm not sure about that one yet.

I am having SERIOUS trouble deciding what to paint the dining room though... we seem to have 3 different colors of oak in that one room and I can't pick something that looks good with all of them. Gah!