+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basement shower

Default Basement shower

We are getting ready to add a new bath to our basement. We have been looking at shower options and need feedback on two brands of showers. The brands are Lasco, and Lyons. Anyone have any comments on either brand, or can recommend another unit to fit these parameters, 48x34 or 48x36? Thanks.

Default Re: Basement shower

Hi, Lasco is OK, have used a fell of those in my past 30 plus years. Lyons, have not ever used them. Not sure where you live but AKER is a very nice unit and not too spendy but well built and will last a long time! I have preferred these over Kohler and several others.

Hello...just noticed, where about in WI?
    Hidden Content GregC, President/Founder of Hidden Content

Thanks for the reply, never heard of Aker, have to check them out.

Also, what are the bases usually supported with? Foam, fiberglass, wood. I'd hate to have to replace a shower because the support gave way a year later.

In the Madison area.

Hello again, Cool..I'm up here in Eau Claire. Seriously, look into AKER, their bases are molded with balsa wood in between the fiberglass. I have installed these now for over 20 years and they are awesome. As a plumber back east we took a trip to the AKER fiberglass plant to see how they were made and how they test them. Since then I have installed nothing but AKER.
    Hidden Content GregC, President/Founder of Hidden Content