+ Reply to Thread

Default Cracked Fiberglass Shower Pan

If anyone could let me know how to fix a crack in a fibergalss shower pan I would be very greatful. I cannot replace it at this time and I still need to use it.

Default Re: Cracked Fiberglass Shower Pan

you can either go to walmart and pick up a fiberglass repair kit which will include both a fiberglass cloth and resin. or you can pick up some epoxy from lowes over near the wood fillers. I like the one that comes in a small tube and you cut a piece off it has two layers an outer and an inner (two different colors) you mix them till the color is uniform and push it into the crack then using a little water smooth. I always take some of this with me when we go canoeing incase we develop a leak from some unexpected rock. very versatile

thanks I'll try that

Not that this can't be a DIY project, just be forewarned that your results will be less than professional because of lack of technique and proper application methods. I personally have not had the guts to attempt a crack repair, though I have done a number of chip repairs which are pretty easy, using the DIY kits. At any rate, I'm not suggesting that you don't attempt this on your own, however you may want to consult a few professional refinishers that can do a high quality repair at a reasonable price. I've had cracks repaired and the shower pan and surrond refinished for around $350 (several years ago ). Tubs with surrounds run about $450.

Again, not saying that this is not a DIY project, only suggesting that there are affordable alternatives to total replacement.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!