Results 1 to 3 of 3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA

    Default Faucet Conversion

    I'm changing the shower valves from two handles to one. Does anyone know of a web site that will show images of what takes place with the existing pipes for the exchange. I think I can do this myself. Or should I just call a plumber.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nashville, TN

    Default Re: Faucet Conversion

    After you open up the wall to get to the old valve, find out what kind of piping material is used. Is it copper and will you be able to sweat new fittings on. Or is it PEX and do you have the right tools to do it.

    Also, you need to make sure you can secure the valve body to a backing board so it doesn't move back and forth. You might want to open up the wall for the plumber and then pay one to come in and install the new one. Then you re-drywall and then re-tile the area around it.
    Process of elimination. Good luck.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Fayette County, Ohio

    Default Re: Faucet Conversion

    Here's a couple of pictures I found on the web that shows whats behind the wall on a two handle shower and a one handle shower

    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts