+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crumbling Grout

Default Crumbling Grout

Hello,

My wife and I moved into our house a little over a year ago and need to make a few minor repairs, including the floor in the 2nd bathroom. The grout between the tiles seems to me crumbling and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm looking for an easy and/or quick fix. I'm not really concerned about the grout matching, since I'm sure we will renovate the bathroom in the not too distant future. I'm attaching some pictures to help explain what I mean. Thank you for your help.

Matthew

Default Re: Crumbling Grout

Hello, Very simple fix and its not too difficult. Go to your local Lowe's, Depot etc. get a grout knife/sc****r/remover, scratch out the loose grout. Buy some new grout and re grout it. It is very easy to do. Mix the grout, rub it in with a grout trowel, and wipe it clean with wet rags or sponge. They will guide you through it if you go to the tile department at your local store. It will look brand new!
    Hidden Content GregC, President/Founder of Hidden Content

Also, consider using a grout sealer over the grout. You can Google "how to re-grout" and get some step-by-step advice and even DIY videos to guide you. Good luck!
    ________
    Networx.com
    We provide the latest information on how to fix, renovate, and decorate your house using the least amount of resources for the best value.

Gre4g & Marcy,

Thank you for your replies. I figured it would be that easy, but I wanted to make sure. Thank you both for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by usp97 View Post
    Gre4g & Marcy,

Thank you for your replies. I figured it would be that easy, but I wanted to make sure. Thank you both for your help.
    No problem, You're welcome!
    Hidden Content GregC, President/Founder of Hidden Content

You are very welcome. Good luck again wit your project.