+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gutter covers

Default Gutter covers

Can anyone recommend some gutter covers that work well and can be installed by a DIYer?

I got a quote from a company to install some nice gutter covers on my gutters and they wanted over $2000 for my house. No way.

Default Re: Gutter covers

I've been using sections of hardware cloth (wire screening) cut up with a wire cutter, then folded to fit inside the gutter---wearing leather gloves while doing this is a MUST due to the sharp edges that will create puncture wounds in your hands.

I've been covering mostly just a foot or two near the downspouts.

Depending on what trees, etc. are in your area, you would have to remove the covers periodically in any event to remove pine needles, bits of shingle residue, etc.

I saw some plastic inserts at HD/Lowe's in the roof gutter section, but they look flimsy & may have to be fastened to prevent wind problems.

My gutters used to clog all the time with leaves and pine needles from all the trees around my house. my husband hated getting out the ladder and cleaning them. I finally installed a gutter guard so that we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. It's called Gutterglove Gutterguard. It's has a stainless steel mesh on an aluminum frame. It looks and feels pretty heavy duty. I ordered it and installed it myself. I am so happy with the way it is performing. We don't have to clean the gutters anymore. It was well worth the investment and I would recomend it to everyone!

you may want to see my reply to the "gutterstuff" thread.