+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: KVAR units

Default Re: KVAR units

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    wouldn't that cause the pot to catch on fire?

And you didn't solder the connections inside the pot. Unless of course, you used staples and caulk
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Gotta wonder how "stealthy" stealth mode is...when it flags ya in a special way...and everybody sees ya anyhoot
    nope .... to everyone one else you appear to be off line .... icon is blue/gray .... it shows red only to you.

also .... when you go to "QUICK LINKS " and scroll down to " Who's ****** " you'll notice the number of members is more than what's listed.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    And you didn't solder the connections inside the pot. Unless of course, you used staples and caulk
    Jack
    shouldn't it be ok with the approved UL listed connectors?
    - Rush

he used the staples and caulk but he had a retired inspector stand there during his lunch and watch him do it. (of course the inspector was near blind and thought he had walked in on a burlesque show) so canuk may have mis understood his yells of encouragement

nope .... to everyone one else you appear to be off line .... icon is blue/gray .... it shows red only to you.

also .... when you go to "QUICK LINKS " and scroll down to " Who's ****** " you'll notice the number of members is more than what's listed.
    10-4 Eleanor.

I got it now. Duh on me. Back to our normally scheduled programming....and thanks to all for enlightening me. I'm "stealthy" afterall. What a relief.

Only if it's blue.
    Jack

Geez ... you guys .... I just want to have a pot coffee ... next you'll be telling me I need to have certain torque settings for the lid to the pot accompanied by a certified inspections
    - Rush

Geez ... you guys .... I just want to have a pot coffee ... next you'll be telling me I need to have certain torque settings for the lid to the pot accompanied by a certified inspections
    No torque specs required, but you may want to staple the lid to the carafe and caulk it to the hot plate.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

You don't need an inspection but you do need the proper colored torque wrench to match the knob on the lid.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    No torque specs required, but you may want to staple the lid to the carafe and caulk it to the hot plate.
    Looks like Sprucey isn't up to date on the latest NSA torque requirments included in the Patriot Act Sec. 403 sub sec.b12 line 17 of paragrph 16.
    Jack