+ Reply to Thread

Question incoming high water pressure

due to leaky faucets and bulging water hoses to my washer, i was told my water pressure was too high, so my plumber installed a "1/2" pressure regulator on house line 75 lbs set". Now the shower is ok, but not as much fun as it used to be. What is the highest my water pressure can be set & if I replace my shower head, will I get any benefit?

Default Re: incoming high water pressure

Most plumbing codes state that a pressure reducing valve must be installed if the pressure is over 80 psi. If you buy a shower head you can remove the low flow(water saver)ring with a pair of needle nose pliers.
    About pressure reducing valves
    Plumbing and Heating Tech.
    My plumbing website Hidden Content

Default Re: incoming high water pressure

Quote Originally Posted by linda204 View Post
    due to leaky faucets and bulging water hoses to my washer, i was told my water pressure was too high, so my plumber installed a "1/2" pressure regulator on house line 75 lbs set". Now the shower is ok, but not as much fun as it used to be. What is the highest my water pressure can be set & if I replace my shower head, will I get any benefit?
    Are you sure the PRV valve is 1/2"? It should be 3/4". If it is 1/2" you are not getting the volume of water you should be getting.

John