+ Reply to Thread

Default Plumbing Multiple Shower Heads?

How do I plumb multiple shower heads to maximize pressure and flow? I plan to have a dedicated hot water heater with 3/4 copper to feed the shower that will have two shower heads, each head will have their own controls. It is essentially to separate showers in one space. I viewed a video on this site that showed multiple shower heads from one control required a loop: should I loop my install? Thanks John

Default Re: Plumbing Multiple Shower Heads?

Hello, No need to loop them if you have 2 separate control valves with their own shower head. If you use 1 control valve with multiple heads then maybe yes, loop them. I have built a couple walk in showers and had 2 Moentrol valves with 2 shower heads on each control. This was for couples who wanted 2 shower heads each standing side by side. Sounds like fun to me!
    Hidden Content GregC, President/Founder of Hidden Content

Yes, the reason for the loop is that the first emitter in the series would have more pressure than the next, and the very last would have almost no pressure. The loop equalizes the pressure so it's always exactly the same between the two heads.
    I can't think of how a third shower head would improve matters.
    Your temp/mixing valve must be flow-rated for multiple heads. IOW, you don't want a water-saver mixing valve.
    S_M
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Thanks for the responses. Then it's, no loop.