+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sink

Default Sink

I am going to install a porcelain sink onto a laminate counter top, what type of adhesive do I use to keep it in place.

Default Re: Sink

By your terminology of "into", I assume you mean a top mounted sink. Use latex adhesive tub and tile caulk in the color that best suits the sink. White and almond or biscuit are standard colors or you can have some custom color mixed.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Attach your vessel sink with white tub caulking after you have installed your faucet and water lines. Apply the caulk with a thick bead around your pre-cut counter top hole. Make sure the sink is perfectly lined up with the hole and allow the sink to sit for 24 hours.

Fayette County, Ohio

Doesn't anyone use plumbers putty anymore? A lot easier to clean up than caulk.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Usually, cakes sink for one of 2 reasons. Either they are not done (do you check with a toothpick or cake tester in the middle for doneness?) or the batter is too wet (try SLIGHTLY decreasing one or more of the liquid ingredients).