+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Exterior paint - one coat or two?

Pealing is usually a sign of moisture from behind which can be because of leaks or as stated above If yo power wash make sure the wood is completely dry before painting. If you change to latex I would still use a suitable oil based primer.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Do any of you have an opinion about the Valspar Duramax paint with Titanium? This is a thick paint by a company known for marine paints among other things. They say it is thick enough to need only one coat and bridges hair line cracks. My architect brother had not heard of it...but labor saving is appealing. My house is peeling because of the previous power wash (painted cedar shingles) So I agree that I will avoid that!

Quote Originally Posted by laura125 View Post
    Do any of you have an opinion about the Valspar Duramax paint with Titanium? This is a thick paint by a company known for marine paints among other things. They say it is thick enough to need only one coat and bridges hair line cracks. My architect brother had not heard of it...but labor saving is appealing. My house is peeling because of the previous power wash (painted cedar shingles) So I agree that I will avoid that!
    I have not used Duramax, however I've had a lot of experience with Valspar products in general and I like them. I've never had any coverage or adhesion issues with it. Regardless of the advertising from any brand of paint, I've not seen or used a paint yet that could adequately coat and cover in just one application.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!