+ Reply to Thread

Default fiberglass shower pan

my white fiberglass shower pan has stains that I cannot remove (i have tried EVERYTHING); I am getting ready to sell the house; I need either paint the fiberglass or replace the pan
    does any one know of a paint for this purpose ? and can you take out a pan and insert a new one without ruining a lot of the tile on the wall .... the shower is 15 years old, I have some extra tile if this job ruins only a row or two of tile
    any tips would be GREAT
    thank you

Default Re: fiberglass shower pan

I have not tried auto rubbing compound - and I do have a buffer; I will try it today and let you know
    the stains are not severe; there are wide faint patches of discoloration; I don't know what from; just enough to make it ugly; i've tried soaking in clorox; Ajax; all kinds of tile / bathroom cleaners .... I was thinking of Muratic acid .... very frustrating; and I have white tile, so its more noticeable
    thanks for the tip

I tried lime-away and many soap scum removers .... no luck
    I'm onto the rubbing compound tonight !
    will keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by pamm View Post
    I tried lime-away and many soap scum removers .... no luck
    I'm onto the rubbing compound tonight !
    will keep you posted
    Here in our area of florida we have a high mineral content in our water and the lime away and the different soap scum removers just don't seem to work, now here is the odd part what we use that works is waterless hand cleaner that has pumice like fast orange or citrus orange (from napa) and it comes right off