+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sloped patio

Hybrid View

Cool sloped patio

The previous owners of my new home laid a brick patio in the back of the backyard. I assume they did it pretty recently. It looks nice but there is a problem. The backyard has a continuous downward slope and I don't think they took that into very much consideration when they laid down the pavers. We just bought really nice new patio furniture but when we set it up we realized that the patio sloped with the yard. It is not a huge slope where stuff will slide off the table but it is noticeable. Is there anything that my husband and I might be able to do that can alleviate this problem.
    Any advice is appreciated - Thanks

Default Re: sloped patio

Unless you want to take up the brick & level & reinstall the brick, I can't think of much you can do. Be glad it slopes away from the house & drains well. Many people come here looking for answers to slabs settling toward the house.
    Since the house is new, I bet it won't bother you after a while and when you figure out the cost or effort to correct it.

Post Re: sloped patio

I figured that would be the only answer but I thought i would give it a try anyway. Thanks for the response!