+ Reply to Thread

Default New category for board

I would like to suggest a new category for the board:

Working with Professionals

I've been looking for the appropriate category in which to place my quesitons about working with and hiring contractors and there really isn't a good place for them.

Thanks,

SherryH

Default Re: New category for board

A while back I created a topic on "How to Hire a Contractor", where a few of the questions you've been asking were covered. Click on my name, then click on "topics by A. Spruce". I don't recall the exact thread title, nor when it was created, but I can tell you it was around a year or so ago.

When I started the topic is was meant to be an open ended forum for all to participate in. Any new info that you find that you feel would be pertinent should be place in that thread as well. The more we can keep things organized, the easier it is to direct future questioners to the info they need the most.

Good luck on your quest, and as always, report back your results.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I did what you said and found your posts. There are a lot!

I think that this is an important enough topic that it should have its own section so that it is easy to find. As is stands once the discussion falls off the recent posts then it will be hard to find again.

Thanks very much,

SherryH

I agree, this is an important topic that does deserve spotlighting because there isn't a homeowner out there that hasn't at one time or another needed to hire a contractor or tradesman. On the opposite side of the coin, contractors need to be as choosy about their clients as the clients are trying to be with them. Let's face it, not everyone is compatible or likes everyone else in this world, and since what this discussion boils down to is trust and relationships, it's important that both the client and the contractor can have a respectful working relationship together.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Sherry ...... here's the thread A.Spruce is referring to:

http://advice.thisoldhouse.com/showthread.php?t=1346
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Thanks for the feedback.

Canuk, thanks for finding the thread. It contained a lot of good information. I hope the administrators put in the new topic so it will be easier to find in the future.