+ Reply to Thread
    northwoodsice Guest

Default Washer in Basement

I have a washer in the basement that is not properly drained to the septic tank. The septic tank is higher than the washer so how do I pump the waste water up from the washer to a drain line that goes to the tank? Can a person use a barrel with a pump in it to raise the water to the drain line? Any help would be great.

Default Re: Washer in Basement

Yes, you can use a barrel and a sump pump. However I would suggest you you use the water for watering your lawn rather than putting it in the septic system. Laundry detergents can be harmful to septic systems. Also you should not have a garbage disposal in your sink if you have a septic system, unless you want to have to pay to have the septic tank pumped and cleaned every year or two.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

northwoodsice Guest

Default Re: Washer in Basement

I believe in my state (Minnesota) waste water from wash machines needs to be placed in the septic system. I am just wondering if a barrel in the basement with a sump pump is unheard of or even safe.