+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default KITCHEN lighting switch

    I want to switch a panelled fluorescent lighting fixture in my kitchen. I'm going to take down the plastic panels and want to change from the fluorescent tubes to something more decorative, opening up that recessed area. Do you have any suggestions for lighting fixtures to replace the tubes?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: KITCHEN lighting switch

    If you want to retain the light box, then try changing the existing tubes to a different light tone. Many folks mistakenly purchase "shop light" bulbs, which are a low level/intensity bulb. For more usable and agreeable lighting, you might want to try a "full spectrum" bulb, which emits a brighter and more pure light source than a standard fluorescent.

    If you want to eliminate the fixture all together, then recessed lighting may be in order.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts