Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default small exterior door rain deflector

    Where would I find a small rain deflector (or awning) to put over a storage building door? Similar in shape and material to a normal awning but much shorter (1.5 to 2 feet perpendicular to the door). I have tried the typical home stores but all they have are standard awnings plus I don't really know what to ask for.
    Wade in Lexington, KY

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: small exterior door rain deflector


    I've seen entryway rain deflectors made of aluminum of the size you describe.

    Consult the Yellow Pages under "siding" to find distributors in your area.

    Google "aluminum awning" doorway or "metal awning" doorway for numerous web links.

    It shouldn't be that difficult to make up a small awning out of PT wood 1.5' X 2' plywood deck & a few shingles if you can't find what you want by the vendors.

    Observe aluminim/vinyl flashing guidelines when installing these mini-awnings: Google "flashing for windows and doors".
    Last edited by JacktheShack; 06-05-2008 at 04:40 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: small exterior door rain deflector

    If you are just trying to keep rain from running behind the door look for a raindrip or drip cap.
    Get it 4" longer than the door. They aren't as deep as you're desribing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts