+ Reply to Thread

Default resurfacing basement walls

We are totally remodeling a terra cotta block home built, we believe, around the 1940's. The basement has unfinished, but solid, walls of this type of block in some areas and field stone in others. There was a water problem in one corner, which we've solved (hopefully) by replacing the old leaky windows with new glass block windows.

We are planning to lightly power wash the walls with a mild bleach/water mix to remove loose particles and kill any mold spores, if they exist. Then we are looking for a product to seal the walls and provide a smooth surface. QuikWall (sp?) was highly recommended to us and we wondered if anyone here has had any experience with this product and/or knows of something else that might work better?

Thanks!

Default Re: resurfacing basement walls

I used a product that had fiberglass in it. I have not had one leak so far. so what you were told to use should work. Just make sure that you read the bag and ask any questions before you start. I was also told to stay away from using UGL on the inside of my basement and to use it outside if i was able to. good luck.
    Last edited by homepro2; 09-01-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: misspell